The data capture industry is undergoing significant change. Barcode scanning capability is no longer restricted to traditional form factors like pistol grip handhelds or rugged mobile devices. Neither is this the sole purview of businesses alone; consumers are also scanning barcodes to gain access to product information and take charge of their shopping experience. Pairing or integrating scanning functionality with new-age consumer devices is becoming an increasingly popular option for barcode scanning applications for consumers and line-of-business workers. New and emerging solution providers, including independent software vendors (ISVs) like Scandit, are changing the way the world views barcode scanning and devices that enable the same. Products from traditional market leaders face competition from not only lower-cost scanners in conventional form factors but also non-traditional participants building scanner accessories and developing software enhancements for smartphones, tablets, and now wearables.
– The emergence of smartphones, tablets, and wearables as enterprise supply chain data capture devices.
– How our mobile data capture solutions are bringing greater efficiency and substantial cost savings to the supply chain
– How the barcode scanner market is changing
– How mobile data capture solutions can provide total supply chain transparency, allowing retailers to track and trace all products at all time
– How smartphones and tablets are shaping the future of data capture